- Get motivated with all that you do on the daily
- Every action counts and do it passionately
- 10X your actions will get you to your goals and you will be successful
The following quotes from Grant Cardone, are my top favorite reminders of what it takes to be successful:
“As long as you are alive, you will either live to accomplish your own goals and dreams or be used as a resource to accomplish someone else’s.”
- So true, if you have an itch to start your own business do it! If you want to create something within your organization and solve problems do it! Your time is YOUR TIME, and you get to decide how you want to spend it.
“One of the major differences between successful and unsuccessful people is that the former look for problems to resolve, whereas the latter make every attempt to avoid them.”
- Stay far away from unsuccessful people, they will do everything in their power to avoid, make excuses and give you reasons as to WHY something can’t be done.
“Anyone who minimizes the importance of success to your future has given up on his or her own chances of accomplishment and is spending his or her life trying to convince others to do the same.”
- Surround yourself with people who are more excited about you being successful then you are!
“Treating success as an option is one of the major reasons why more people don’t create it for themselves—and why most people don’t even get close to living up to their full potential.”
- Make the choice that success is a need and that there are no other options!
“Never take the position that things just happen to you; rather, they happen because of something you did or did not do.”
- Just be accountable and own up to your actions.
“In order to get to the next level of whatever you’re doing, you must think and act in a wildly different way than you previously have been. You cannot get to the next phase of a project without a grander mind-set, more acceleration, and extra horsepower.”
- This one hits home for me… I’m a a performer looking to go above and beyond A++, which is going to take a different mindset to become the leader I envision.
“Extremely successful people know that their efforts must continue in order for them to realize new achievements. Once the hunt for a desired object or goal is abandoned, the cycle of success comes to an end.”
- Strive to always continue to learn, explore, stay curious and excited. Become successful in areas that are new to you or even considered a weakness.
“Think about it: What’s the worst thing that can happen to you if you just totally go for it?”
- I like to think this… worst case scenario, people poke fun, laugh, think I’m a joke, complete failure… but you know what, I would still have more life experience and wisdom from my failures because I tried.
“That is what lower performers do; they make others wrong for doing what is necessary in order to make themselves feel okay about doing nothing! The highest performers—the winners—respond by studying successful people and duplicating success.”
- Find the successful people around you and network, study them, shadow them and learn how to be successful in your own skin. Never take advice from those who have yet to discover they’re own success.
Please comment below what other books I should consider for this year’s book reviews.