Wake up on the wrong side of the bed?
Feeling like it’s going to be a shitty day?
It could be the weather, lack of sleep, stress from work, a relationship on thin ice or mercury retrograde that’s gotten you down, whatever reason, there is a way to turn it around and make your day a better one!
Here some quick actions you can take that will get you on the right track for the day:
- Breathing inhale | exhale – Lay in bed relax and give yourself time to center and choose to make this a great day versus jumping out of bed and staying in your bad mood state.
- Think and say out loud 5 things you are grateful for (bonus: look at yourself in the mirror while doing it).
- Grab or make a good meal for your tummy – Green smoothie, acai bowls, something light and healthy will help swift your mood.
- Stretch your body – Stand with your feet hips width distances apart, take a big inhale while raising your arms high to the sky, exhale forward folding slowly, place hands on shins or to the ground. Do this 3 times. Listen to your body and stretch areas that need to release energy that no longer serve you. End with hands to heart center and say to yourself I choose to have a great day.
- Play Katie Perry’s song “Firework” and listen to the words, she wrote it just for you!!
- Make the choice – How we show up each day is our own CHOICE. Placing blame or accountability on someone or something else will only set you back by giving way your ability to choose your emotional state. Practice being in a good mood or letting stress or issues go, saying loving things to yourself or being kind to a stranger will help shift you ❤
Bad mornings are bound to happen from time to time, but bad days are a choice, so flip that shit around and make the best of it. One of my thoughts to help me quickly shift a bad mood is… I think about it maybe being my last day to live (you never know). I then let go of my bad mood and make the best of the day by just.be.presently.grateful!!